By Carol Hakim
Read or Download The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea: 1840–1920 PDF
Best middle eastern history books
During this thoroughly up-to-date 6th variation, Peretz bargains a finished advent to the historical past, politics, and modern lifetime of the center East. this can be the ebook when you have very little earlier educational historical past to the sector. for the reason that its preliminary ebook in 1963, this definitive survey has been generally acclaimed and regularly utilized in heritage and political technology periods.
A heritage of elite ladies who have been concubines and better halves of robust slave-soldiers, often called Mamluks, who ruled Egypt either politically and militarily within the eighteenth century.
"First released in 2007, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
T. G. Fraser in actual fact units out the elemental arguments on either side of the Arab-Israeli clash, and strains their evolution from 1945 to the current day. Concise and balanced, this article takes into consideration the newest scholarship at the subject, and offers it in a compelling and obtainable manner.
- Arab Patriotism: The Ideology and Culture of Power in Late Ottoman Egypt
- Justice, Punishment and the Medieval Muslim Imagination (Cambridge Studies in Islamic Civilization)
- Women in Iran: Emerging Voices in the Women's Movement: Emerging Voices in the Women's Movement / Hammed Shahidian. (Contributions in Women's Studies, No. 198)
- Kurdish Notables and the Ottoman State: Evolving Identities, Competing Loyalties, and Shifting Boundaries (SUNY series in Middle Eastern Studies)
- The Armies of the Caliphs: Military and Society in the Early Islamic State (Warfare and History)
- Founding Gods, Inventing Nations: Conquest and Culture Myths from Antiquity to Islam
Extra info for The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea: 1840–1920
The Origins of the Lebanese National Idea: 1840–1920 by Carol Hakim