By Richard Tapper,Keith McLachlan
Read or Download Technology, Tradition and Survival: Aspects of Material Culture in the Middle East and Central Asia (History and Society in the Islamic World) PDF
Best middle eastern history books
During this thoroughly up to date 6th variation, Peretz deals a accomplished creation to the background, politics, and modern lifetime of the center East. this is often the ebook when you have very little earlier educational history to the area. considering that its preliminary book in 1963, this definitive survey has been greatly acclaimed and often utilized in background and political technology sessions.
A historical past of elite girls who have been concubines and better halves of robust slave-soldiers, referred to as Mamluks, who ruled Egypt either politically and militarily within the eighteenth century.
"First released in 2007, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
T. G. Fraser truly units out the fundamental arguments on either side of the Arab-Israeli clash, and lines their evolution from 1945 to the current day. Concise and balanced, this article takes into consideration the most recent scholarship at the subject, and offers it in a compelling and available manner.
- David Ben-Gurion: Politics and Leadership in Israel
- Crusading and Warfare in the Middle Ages: Realities and Representations. Essays in Honour of John France (Crusades - Subsidia)
- Israel, Palestine, & the Quest for Middle East Peace
- Arab Society in the Time of The Thousand and One Nights
- Egypt in the Era of Hosni Mubarak
- The Druses of the Lebanon: Their Manners, Customs and History : With a Translation of Their Religious Code
Extra info for Technology, Tradition and Survival: Aspects of Material Culture in the Middle East and Central Asia (History and Society in the Islamic World)
Technology, Tradition and Survival: Aspects of Material Culture in the Middle East and Central Asia (History and Society in the Islamic World) by Richard Tapper,Keith McLachlan