By Shira L. Lander
Read Online or Download Ritual Sites and Religious Rivalries in Late Roman North Africa PDF
Similar church history books
Although the emergent church used to be seen as a perimeter stream with little to supply validated congregations, it really is now visible as one of many principal riding forces shaping the way forward for postmodern Christianity in North the US. As progressively more mainline groups ask yourself how the emergent church affects their very own constructions and practices, this ebook brings jointly the views of a number of of the main famous "Hyphenated Christians," i.
They Who provide from Evil: The reaction of the japanese Church to Moneylending within the Early Christian period considers St. Basil the nice and St. Gregory of Nyssa’s fourth-century sermons opposed to usury. either brothers have been enthusiastic about the industrial and theological implications of damaging and corrosive practices of lending at excessive interest rates and implications for either at the group and the person soul of lender and debtor.
In a single of the unsurpassed spiritual masterpieces produced through an American author, Jonathan Edwards distinguishes among precise and fake faith by way of defining a believer's right affections and explaining their significance. He extra identifies the excellence among genuine-seeming and bonafide affections.
The Cappadocian Fathers had nice impact at the church of the fourth century, having introduced their ardour for Christ and theological services to lifestyles of their ministry. Their paintings used to be no longer with out effect, together with that in their quick kin. inside of their writings we discover the lives of 7 girls, the Cappadocian moms, who could have had extra impact at the theology of the church than formerly believed.
- Representing Christ: A Vision for the Priesthood of All Believers
- Christian Thought in America: A Brief History
- Introduction à la philosophie de la religion: L'Antiquité : du Pythagorisme à la fermeture de l'Ecole d'Athènes et au triomphe du Christianisme (French Edition)
- Adrift: Postmodernism in the Church
- Adventism Confronts Modernity: An Account of the Advent Christian Controversy over the Bible’s Inspiration
- The Transformation of African Christianity: Development and Change in the Nigerian Church
Additional info for Ritual Sites and Religious Rivalries in Late Roman North Africa
Ritual Sites and Religious Rivalries in Late Roman North Africa by Shira L. Lander