By Ronald M. Holmes,Stephen T. Holmes
"Excellent publication, i've got used this for my felony habit path for a few years. Very authoritative."
—Harry Cramer, Quincy University
The Fourth version of this best-selling textual content offers scholars with the main up to date details at the more and more well known box of mental profiling. famous authors Ronald M. Holmes and Stephen T. Holmes construct upon their endured learn and involvement in box research as a resource of correct and infrequently high-profile case reviews to demonstrate conception and alertness of the tools mentioned. The textual content is very readable and fascinating, making widespread use of illustrative tables and figures and proposing occasional images.
New to the Fourth Edition
- Offers a brand new bankruptcy on Lizzie Borden (Chapter 14), interpreting this historical homicide case with clean perception and a different research whereas holding the bankruptcy on Jack the Ripper, a vintage unresolved serial murderer
- Covers newer occasions reminiscent of the killings at Northern Illinois college and Virginia Tech
- Provides a brand new part on Santeria and the occult to appreciate the dogma and icons of those teachings and investigates purposes at the back of crimes devoted through a few followers
- Offers assistance to scholars for on-line graduate courses, seminars, and levels in legal profiling
- Includes up-to-date tables and crime records during the text
- Presents new photographs to provide real representations of violent crimes and offenders
This best-seller has lengthy been a winning supplemental textual content for undergraduate criminology and felony justice classes, together with legal research, felony Profiling, Violent Crimes, felony habit, box research, and Forensic Psychology.
Read Online or Download Profiling Violent Crimes: An Investigative Tool PDF
Similar forensic psychology books
Forensic psychologists and psychiatrists are more and more requested to supply services to courts and lawyers within the felony justice procedure. to take action successfully, they have to remain abreast of significant advances within the figuring out of criminal criteria in addition to new advancements in refined measures and the tools for his or her review.
Now in an absolutely revised and up-to-date moment version, this significant paintings presents authoritative clinical and utilized views at the complete diversity of paraphilias and different sexual habit difficulties. for every significant medical syndrome, a bankruptcy on psychopathology and conception is by means of a bankruptcy on evaluation and remedy.
The proof stumbled on at underwater crime scenes needs to be dealt with with an identical realization to right chain of custody strategies as with every different kind of research. wrong dealing with of those scenes may end up in proof being misplaced, unrecognizable, destroyed, infected, or rendered inadmissible on the time of trial.
Seit September 1988 betreibt die Klinik für forensische Psychiatrie Haina eine hessenweit arbeitende forensich-psychiatrische Spezialambulanz. Roland Freese, der Ärztliche Leiter dieser Ambulanz, schildert in diesem Buch detailliert, praxisnah und kritisch deren hürdenreiche Entwicklung. Er legt überzeugend dar, dass es keine substitute zu einer solchen shape der spezialisierten Nachbetreuung gibt.
- Evaluation of Parenting Capacity in Child Protection (Best Practices for Forensic Mental Health Assessments)
- Interviewing Children: The Science of Conservation in Forensic Contexts
- Sex Offender Treatment: A Case Study Approach to Issues and Interventions
- Psychoanalysis, Violence and Rage-Type Murder: Murdering Minds
Additional resources for Profiling Violent Crimes: An Investigative Tool
Profiling Violent Crimes: An Investigative Tool by Ronald M. Holmes,Stephen T. Holmes