By Tina, Dr., PhD, LCSW, ACSW Maschi,George Stuart, Dr., PhD, LICSW Leibowitz
This generally revised variation studies the newest study and practices in forensic social paintings. Readers learn how to combine socio-legal wisdom whilst operating with various populations in various settings. famous interdisciplinary individuals evaluate the most typical forensic matters encountered within the box to raised organize readers to accommodate the ensuing monetary, mental, emotional, and felony ramifications. utilizing a human rights and social justice method, the e-book demonstrates using a forensic lens while operating with participants, households, enterprises, and groups that fight with social justice concerns. every one bankruptcy good points ambitions, expertise, Voices From the sector, a end, routines, and extra resources.
The ebook is perfect for MSW and BSW classes in forensic social paintings in addition to forensic/legal classes taught in felony justice and psychology. Practitioners operating in various settings who should have a operating wisdom of forensic social paintings also will take pleasure in this entire review of the field.
- Highlights operating with a number of populations resembling minorities, immigrants, veterans, the aged, LGBTQ contributors, individuals with disabilities, substance abusers, trauma survivors, and more.
- Reviews the field’s conceptual and old beginning and pertinent legislation to higher arrange readers for pro perform (Part I).
- Introduces the most typical forensic concerns encountered whilst operating in a number of settings, together with well-being care, social and protecting companies, the kid welfare procedure, the felony justice procedure, college structures, immigration prone, dependancy remedy amenities, and extra (Part II).
- Provides a wealth of functional suggestions through case experiences and interviewing, overview, and intervention tips.
- Voices From the sphere written via pro practitioners introduce universal events readers are inclined to encounter.
- Highlights the 2015 Council on Social paintings Education’s (CSWE) guidelines and Accreditation criteria in the course of the text.
- Greatly accelerated insurance from 26 to 33 chapters with additional information on well-being care, housing, employment, the juvenile and felony justice process, grownup protecting companies, and the dynamics of oppression.
- New half III devoted t
New to this Edition:
Read Online or Download Forensic Social Work, Second Edition: Psychosocial and Legal Issues Across Diverse Populations and Settings PDF
Similar forensic psychology books
Forensic psychologists and psychiatrists are more and more requested to supply services to courts and lawyers within the legal justice approach. to take action successfully, they need to remain abreast of significant advances within the knowing of felony criteria in addition to new advancements in subtle measures and the equipment for his or her overview.
Now in an absolutely revised and up-to-date moment variation, this crucial paintings presents authoritative medical and utilized views at the complete variety of paraphilias and different sexual habit difficulties. for every significant scientific syndrome, a bankruptcy on psychopathology and concept is through a bankruptcy on evaluation and remedy.
The proof chanced on at underwater crime scenes needs to be dealt with with an identical cognizance to right chain of custody approaches as with all different form of research. incorrect dealing with of those scenes may end up in facts being misplaced, unrecognizable, destroyed, infected, or rendered inadmissible on the time of trial.
Seit September 1988 betreibt die Klinik für forensische Psychiatrie Haina eine hessenweit arbeitende forensich-psychiatrische Spezialambulanz. Roland Freese, der Ärztliche Leiter dieser Ambulanz, schildert in diesem Buch detailliert, praxisnah und kritisch deren hürdenreiche Entwicklung. Er legt überzeugend dar, dass es keine replacement zu einer solchen shape der spezialisierten Nachbetreuung gibt.
- Motivational Interviewing with Offenders: Engagement, Rehabilitation, and Reentry (Applications of Motivational Interviewing)
- Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us
- High-Powered Plyometrics 2nd Edition (Enhanced Edition)
- Evaluating Juvenile Transfer and Disposition: Law, Science, and Practice (International Perspectives on Forensic Mental Health)
Additional resources for Forensic Social Work, Second Edition: Psychosocial and Legal Issues Across Diverse Populations and Settings
Forensic Social Work, Second Edition: Psychosocial and Legal Issues Across Diverse Populations and Settings by Tina, Dr., PhD, LCSW, ACSW Maschi,George Stuart, Dr., PhD, LICSW Leibowitz