By Paul Foster
Read or Download Early Christian Thinkers: The lives and legacies of twelve key figures PDF
Best church history books
Even though the emergent church was considered as a perimeter flow with little to provide confirmed congregations, it truly is now obvious as one of many vital using forces shaping the way forward for postmodern Christianity in North the USA. As increasingly more mainline groups ask yourself how the emergent church impacts their very own constructions and practices, this ebook brings jointly the views of a number of of the main famous "Hyphenated Christians," i.
They Who supply from Evil: The reaction of the jap Church to Moneylending within the Early Christian period considers St. Basil the nice and St. Gregory of Nyssa’s fourth-century sermons opposed to usury. either brothers have been enthusiastic about the industrial and theological implications of damaging and corrosive practices of lending at excessive interest rates and implications for either at the group and the person soul of lender and debtor.
In a single of the unsurpassed non secular masterpieces produced via an American author, Jonathan Edwards distinguishes among actual and fake faith via defining a believer's right affections and explaining their value. He additional identifies the excellence among genuine-seeming and legit affections.
The Cappadocian Fathers had nice impact at the church of the fourth century, having introduced their ardour for Christ and theological services to existence of their ministry. Their paintings used to be now not without impression, together with that in their fast relations. inside their writings we discover the lives of 7 girls, the Cappadocian moms, who can have had extra impact at the theology of the church than formerly believed.
- THE APOSTASY NOW!
- Corporate Christianity: How Double Minded Pastors Are Hi-Jacking Christianity
- The Baptismal Liturgy of Jerusalem: Fourth- and Fifth-Century Evidence from Palestine, Syria and Egypt (Liturgy, Worship and Society Series)
- The Church Ascending: How Saints and Sinners Brought About the Triumph of Christianity in the West
- The Biafran Humanitarian Crisis, 1967–1970: International Human Rights and Joint Church Aid (Law, Culture, and the Humanities Series)
- A Shared Mercy: Karl Barth on Forgiveness and the Church (New Explorations in Theology)
Extra resources for Early Christian Thinkers: The lives and legacies of twelve key figures
Early Christian Thinkers: The lives and legacies of twelve key figures by Paul Foster