By Donovan Chau,Thomas Kane
The first paintings of its style, this strategic evaluation of China's nationwide defense finds the nation's intentions, features, and threats—and their implications for the us and the world.
• deals a strategic evaluation of China, prior and current
• Analyzes China's conventional and non-traditional defense threats, together with monetary and source security
• presents a cogent exam of China's safeguard strategies—historically, domestically, and internationally
• comprises in-depth discussions of China's inner safeguard dynamics
• stocks unique study played through prime students within the box, expert intelligence analysts, and reporters dependent in East Asia
Read or Download China and International Security: History, Strategy, and 21st-Century Policy [3 volumes]: History, Strategy, and 21st-Century Policy (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar asian history books
Awesome for its meticulous archival examine and relocating lifestyles tales, The Pearl Frontier bargains a brand new manner of imagining Australian ancient connections with Indonesia. This compelling view from lower than of maritime mobility demonstrates how, within the colonial quest for the precious pearl-shell, Australians got here to depend on the ability and exertions of Indonesian islanders, drawing them into their northern pearling exchange empire.
The 1937-1945 battle among China and Japan was once essentially the most sour conflicts of the 20 th century. It used to be a fight among the 2 dominant peoples of Asia. hundreds of thousands of squaddies fought on both sides and thousands of infantrymen and civilians died. Philip Jowett's e-book is likely one of the first photographic histories of this devastating disagreement.
Ever due to the fact Korea was once first divided on the finish of global conflict II, the stress among its northern and southern halves has rivetedand threatened to embroilthe remainder of the area. during this landmark historical past, now completely revised and up-to-date along with Korea specialist Robert Carlin, veteran journalist Don Oberdorfer grippingly describes how a traditionally homogenous humans turned locked in a perpetual fight for supremacyand how they could but be reconciled.
We've got mentioned in info the development of Indian schooling in the course of the Colonial rule, as additionally in self reliant India; the coverage paradigms, the process of finance, its value, inter-sectoral priorities and so on. in separate chapters. it's been saw that in the 1st sixty years of the Colonial rule finishing 1813, the East India corporation was once engaged in growth of territories via battle, deception and different acts of excessive handedness.
- Climate Change in Asia and the Pacific: How Can Countries Adapt?
- The War Below: The Story of Three Submarines That Battled Japan
- Anglo-Korean Relations and the Port Hamilton Affair, 1885–1887 (Empires in Perspective)
- The Imjin War: Japan's Sixteenth-Century Invasion of Korea and Attempt to Conquer China
Additional resources for China and International Security: History, Strategy, and 21st-Century Policy [3 volumes]: History, Strategy, and 21st-Century Policy (Praeger Security International)
China and International Security: History, Strategy, and 21st-Century Policy [3 volumes]: History, Strategy, and 21st-Century Policy (Praeger Security International) by Donovan Chau,Thomas Kane