By Al Tompkins
Al Tompkins teaches scholars approximately broadcast journalism utilizing a disarmingly uncomplicated truth—if you goal for the guts with the replica you write and the sound and video you catch, you are going to compel your audience to maintain gazing. With humor, honesty, and directness, award-winning journalist and writer Al Tompkins bottles his years of expertise and perception in a brand new Third Edition that gives scholars the basics they should grasp journalism in today’s continually evolving media atmosphere, with useful knowledge they could instantly placed to take advantage of of their careers. Aim for the center is as shut as you will get to spending every week in a single of Tompkins’s education classes that he has introduced in newsrooms worldwide, from which students:
• Learn how one can construct compelling characters who hook up with the audience
• Write inviting leads
• Get memorable soundbites
• See the right way to gentle, crop, body, and edit compelling videos
• Learn the best way to leverage social media to have interaction audiences
• Gain serious pondering talents that circulate your tale from telling the “what” to telling the “why”
Read or Download Aim for the Heart: Write, Shoot, Report and Produce for TV and Multimedia PDF
Best tv arts & entertainment books
Organize yourselves, M*A*S*H enthusiasts, for the main accomplished ebook at the exhibit ever written. Written by way of fanatics and for fanatics, this publication covers fabric by no means coated in earlier books. apart from an fabulous quantity of researched details for almost each episode of the sequence, this e-book covers each point of the exhibit from the outlet subject to the creation codes, together with a season by way of season research.
The Hitchhiker's advisor to the Galaxy offers an outstanding approach of a few exciting matters in philosophy, from vegetarianism and synthetic Intelligence to God, area and time. this is often an interesting but notion scary quantity for college students, philosophers and lovers of The Hitchhiker's sequence.
Equipped through a 16-year-old highschool scholar named Jack DeWitt, the 1st radio station in Nashville went at the air in 1922. 3 years later, DeWitt helped begin WSM, arguably one of many nation's maximum radio stations, and in 1950, he and WSM positioned Nashville's first tv station at the air. through the years, Nashville has had its percentage of neighborhood radio personalities, comparable to Noel Ball, Coyote McCloud, and Gerry apartment, in addition to tv personalities like Jud Collins, invoice Jay, and Larry Munson.
From Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson of the award-winning hip-hop crew the Roots, comes this shiny ebook commemorating the legacy of Soul Train—the cultural phenomenon that introduced the careers of artists corresponding to Tina Turner, Stevie ask yourself, the Jackson five, Whitney Houston, Lenny Kravitz, LL Cool J, and Aretha Franklin.
- World Politics on Screen: Understanding International Relations through Popular Culture
- Telethons: Spectacle, Disability, and the Business of Charity
- Everything I Know About Filmmaking I Learned Watching Seven Samurai
- Fantasy Girls: Gender in the New Universe of Science Fiction and Fantasy Television
- Breaking Bad and Dignity: Unity and Fragmentation in the Serial Television Drama (Palgrave Close Readings in Film and Television)
Additional resources for Aim for the Heart: Write, Shoot, Report and Produce for TV and Multimedia
Aim for the Heart: Write, Shoot, Report and Produce for TV and Multimedia by Al Tompkins